Trimmer works on a mechanism like a scissor; it cuts the hair but only from the surface and not from the roots. The motor of a trimmer runs on chargeable batteries or directly on electricity. The most important part of a trimmer is a comb which can be fixed or adjustable. If the comb is attached, then only a specific length of hair is cut, and with a flexible comb range of measures can be a little better. As the comb is held at a place, it provides accurate trimming of hair. This mechanism aims to give uniformity to hair growth as per barttrimmer.There are different types of trimmers like hair trimmers, beard trimmers, ear and nose trimmers, and bikini trimmers. The working of trimmers can be manual or electronic.
Advantages of using a trimmer:
- Trimmer provides a comfortable hair removal technique.
- To get accurate and precise hair length trimmers play an important role.
- They are less time consuming as compared to razors.
- More safety is guaranteed by using trimmers than using traditional scissors.
- Trimmers can provide smooth shave while on travel also.
- No additional grooming product is required with trimmers.
- They being inexpensive don’t burn a hole in one’s pockets.
- Trimmers are less tiresome as compared to other methods.
- It doesn’t need any additional knowledge to use; it can be used by beginners too.
Disadvantages of using a trimmer:
- Trimmer motor is not much durable.
- Battery life is not that great.
- It is not easy to handle trimmers; it requires a lot of maintenance.
Thus, while checking a trimmer, one should have a clear idea about the pros and cons. A good trimmer can give a great cut but not a close shave. Trimmer works well for sensitive skin, and there is no need to spend extra on lotions and foams.